Thursday, November 18, 2010

Just a typical Thursday night... or not!

Tonight will be epic. My little Rylee is going to his first midnight movie opening: Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows Part 1. There will be costumes. There will be popcorn. There will be a very sad moment when his favorite character dies (Hedwig the owl; yes, I've already told him; no, it wasn't pretty). There will be laughter, gasps and tears. There will be yet another fun memory for Ryan & I to tuck away in our hearts.

On a side note, for those of you who know my penchant for numerical serendipity, I offer this little tidbit:

Rylee, who is 7 years old, will view the first movie of Year 7 at 12:07 in theater number 7.

Ryan called yesterday, out of the blue, asking me to locate "the Year 6 movie." After a pause where I finally caught up to the conversation, I confirmed he meant the HP movie, THBP. He said, "Yeah, OK, the last one. I need to get caught up before we go to the theater." Then he watches it, asks questions (actually listening to the long, drawn out answers, bless him) and further more allows me to read him The Tale of The Three Brothers.

That is dedication to one's family.

The comic relief was supplied by our puppy, who finally having learned his name, was flustered by these strange bipeds calling out to him from the box on the living room wall. ;-)

So, while y'all sane people are snug in your beds, we will venture forth in the blustery cold to watch the cinematic culmination of a decades worth of fantasy and dreams. For once in a very rare while, our quirky little family will fit right in with the humanity around us. Sweet dreams everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment